Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Birthday Card Stamp-a-Stack Projects

We are a little over a week out from my May Birthday Card Stamp-a-Stack and I have the pictures to post of the projects we'll be making. I'm really excited about the class and hope you'll be able to join me! We will be doing the five projects pictured here and you can choose to either make two or four of each of the designs. It's $15 for 10 and $25 for 20 and the cost includes envelopes. To register for the class, call the Arts and Crafts Center at 747-3482. You can attend on either Thursday, May 7th from 7-10pm or Saturday, May 9th from 10am-1pm. What's great about these cards is most of them can be anything - they don't HAVE to be birthday! So, if you need a Mother's Day card, just put a mother's day sentiment or if you're thinking ahead to Father's Day - make one of your cards that! I try to have out different greetings for you to be able to personalize to meet your needs! I look forward to seeing you there!

The first project is such a fun, colorful one perfect for a child or even just a fun card for an adult friend!
The second one is such a pretty card - I love Cameo Coral and Kiwi Kiss together! This is also a fun pop up card so it's different from a standard card! (I want to tell you a little story behind this card. I was trying to finish up all the designs yesterday and was down to this one and had it started and realized I wanted to use Eastern Blooms. I went to get it from my shelf and couldn't find it. I looked and looked and couldn't find it anywhere! I had a meeting to go to last night and by the time I got home I was ready for bed so I didn't look any more then but was awoken at 3:30 this morning when my daughter fell out of my bed - hate to say I'd fallen asleep and totally forgotten the fact that she was in bed with me! Well, I couldn't go back to sleep because I kept thinking about this stamp set and trying to figure out where it might be and kept praying about it and stressing about it! I finally went to sleep around 4:30am but never got up to go look! When I did get up this morning, though, that's the first thing I did was go look for it and I finally found it - it had fallen down behind my paper holder where I couldn't see it along with another set I'd totally forgotten I had. To say I was elated is putting it mildly! I said a sincere "Thank you, Lord!" and quickly finished up my project!)
Can't have a birthday card class and NOT use Crazy for Cupcakes! I still love this stamp set using Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip! As you'll notice, this card has a fun surprise to it, too! The next card I made using the bird from the Always set - I just love the bird in this set and think this makes such a pretty card!
We needed a masculine card to go in with all of these cards so I used the Inspired by Nature set to make one. Both my husband and oldest son really like this one so that must be a good sign! I must admit it wasn't my original idea. I got the idea from this card on Splitcoast.
Well, now you've seen them so come join me in making them!

1 comment:

Amy Kilpatrick said...

I love these cards, Joy! My, my, my you've been busy!